Saturday, October 3, 2026

Saint Francis of Assisi


 He died 800 years ago today.

PRAYER OF SAINT FRANCIS


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.

Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 7:30 AM

 Still awake. I haven’t gone back to bed. I talk to someone in Beijing at 8:00. I got to stop doing this: I put reading glasses beside the b...