I’m in Brandon for the weekend. I will go to Winnipeg so my wife can fly back to China.
I learned of the trade deal being scuttled from the Epoch Times. I will not try to jump to conclusions till one question is answered. What exactly caused the deal to be scuttled? I have searched but haven’t found any concrete details.
Carney saying the Americans made last-minute demands that were unfair and uneconomic is not helpful in my search. The use of the word uneconomic is meaningless. Everything we do in life is economic in the sense that everything we choose to do in life is an economic decision about how we use the one resource that is common to all: time. Again, what does it mean to be uneconomic? To be dead? Dead people don’t make economic decisions. In this world, the dead, unless they are on the voting rolls, can’t be making economic decisions and are thus not being economic. As I say, it is all unclear at this moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment