Better late than never for this day of bligging-blagging-blogging.
Highlights of the day: went to B.U., bought some beard oil, and I am about to take a nap.
Later: the nap was okay but I was in danger of falling into grogginess. I don't need that to happen when I got online classes to do tonight.
On the weekend, I met a lady from Labrador, which she told me is apart from Newfoundland, which is an island. 38,000 people live in Labrador which would like to be its on own separate from Newfoundland and Quebec (which claims it as part of its territory). She mentioned other details like L getting a paved road about ten years ago for a six hour trip between its two biggest metropolises.
The other separatist movement I heard of recently is that of the Catalans from Spain. At least two students have told me about it. The Catalans consider themselves to be a separate culture from the Spanish. Strangely though, the capital of Spain, Barcelona, is in Catalonia. No benefit to Catalans apparently because the national government resents their separatist sentiment.

No comments:
Post a Comment