Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Tony’s Graduation from Neelin High School


The convocation was held at Brandon University.


 Below is the view from where I sat.  I didn’t talk to anyone.  For speeches, I listened to the principal complain about the students not getting to class on time; and the class valedictorian, who Tony didn’t know, admitted that the students skipped classes.  



Tony’s name is in the middle of the roster.


Once a Spartan, always a Spartan.  We’re both Spar-tanes..

Tony: Class of 26.

Dad: Class of 82.

To be honest, Tony never felt a part of the school, this year, as I did,  all those years ago.  We both finished our high school with one year in Brandon after puttering around in other places for the eleven previous years: Tony in China; I on military bases. I never really felt part of Brandon.  I had to get out after graduating. Tony now feels as I did.  So there are parallels.  


Thankfully, we missed the summons for baby pics.  Most of the other students had two photos of their panel: a baby photo and a grad photo.

We left the ceremony as soon as we could.

When we got home, his grandmother was full of complaints about him.

Ho hum and dreariness.


Tony is sitting at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Weiming Zhao

 We were at the Sushi Hut.  First time to go to a Sushi Restaurant since…… China! A good time was had by all.  Conversation was far ranging....