Wednesday, July 29, 2026

2376


 I’m sitting in the basement, waiting for a Twenix class.  I’ve had one already this morning. I learned about the famous football academy in Barcelona and the Catalan custom of human towers:


Why can’t they do this in Brandon?

The Red Lion Bar in Wuxi is experiencing drama.  The Australian founders say they were pushed out; the Chinese partners say the Ozzies left with all the money.


4 comments:

  1. If you had a Wuxi expat bar bracket showdown, who would come out on top? Red Lion, Blue Bar, Ronnie's, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This a list of pubs from years ago: https://wuxiexpat.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-top-ten-pubs-in-wuxi-china-expatdom.html?m=1

      Delete
    2. Interesting. I wonder if the Pink Kitty Pub inspired the hit Chappell Roan song of a very similar name?

      Delete
  2. Both the Red Lion & Ronnie’s had their charms. But they were both missing a crucial ingredient: Latvian Canadian expertise.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6:21 AM

  Happy August Day! Happy People’s Liberation Army Day!