Sunday, June 28, 2026

Sunday Morning outside the BSM

Not exactly scenic.




And then inside:

 I did a eight hour fund raising shift. I didn’t take my break. I raised seven times more money than I did yesterday.  Why?  I had a good spot.

Memorable moments from the shift.

1) Some young girls came up to me and said they remembered me subbing at a school.

2) I was schooled. I never knew MS and muscular dystrophy were different things. I now know they are thanks to one woman.

2) A fellow dressed in black had his bicycle stolen.  He was visibly broken up about it.  He brought the bicycle lock which had been cut to customer service.  They brought in some security to talk to him. Though he looked like the shop lifting type, his visible distress put him in a different light.  Bike thieves don’t care if their bikes get stolen.

4) A man of Russian origin, who told me he had escaped Communism, said it looked like Communism was coming to Canada.  He cited bill C-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment